post 10

   Yesterday in Mr..Schick's human geo class, we discussed about two maps, one of them was a Mercader, and a peters projection map. The Mercator map that we are used to seeing of the world, is actually very inaccurate. The new map that I've never heard of, is apparently more accurate then the other and I agree. Greenland isn't bigger than the united states and you see that on a mercader map, which is wrong, Greenland should be so much smaller than the united states. Mr. Schick also showed us this article about how most schools in Boston are starting to incorporate a peters projection map into schools because the schools what the students to learn about the world correctly. And that shocked me that most schools haven't brought this type of map into their schools yet. I was so happy to find out about this new map because I would have always thought that Greenland was bigger than the united states, if it wasn't for this new type of map.

Comments

Popular Posts